If you have to email your English teacher, please don’t forget that:
- Your teacher is not in front of the computer 24 hours. Be patient, he/she will reply to you as soon as he/she can.
- Your teacher might live in a different country so he/she might be sleeping when you send your email.
- Your teacher has many students, so it will be difficult for him/ her to know who is sending the email if you don’t give him/her enough details.
- If your email address has numbers or foreign characters, your teacher might not know who sent the email.
- Your teacher might not know if your given name and preferred name are different.
This is an example of a good way to send emails to your English teacher.
If you want to learn more useful phrases to write formal and informal emails, click on the links below.