I have a graduate degree in Food Science from the University of Guelph and an undergrad degree in Biochemical Engineering from the ITC. I’m a certified and accredited TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) teacher by TESL Canada/Ontario. I have a diploma in teaching pronunciation from the Canadian College of Educators. In addition, I am a qualified English-Spanish translator by MCIS.
I have over five years teaching experience. I’ve taught English and Science courses in some of the most prestigious universities, high schools and language schools in Canada and Mexico. I’ve helped hundreds of students become confident, proficient, fluent and independent learners.
All of my students have something in common: they are eager to improve their English to advance in their studies or professional careers. I’ve had the privilege of teaching thousands of international students. My students are amazing human beings and work in different fields. Among my students I’ve had actors, singers, plastic surgeons, hair stylists, make up and nail artists, psychologists, accountants, researchers, biochemists, lawyers, pilots, engineers, architects, painters, physicians, nurses, teachers, homemakers, and high school and university students.
I truly believe that learning a new language is more than learning grammatical rules, lots of new words or speaking like a native. Learning a new language is a beautiful journey that will help you become a better human being to achieve your personal and professional goals.
As a person who fell in love with English and learned it as a second language, I can tell you that learning and teaching English has been the most rewarding experience in my life. It transformed me, it opened a lot of doors that I never thought would open for me. Therefore, I am here to walk with you, support you and teach you what you need to learn to communicate effectively in English with confidence, clarity and fluency.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Ontario Certified English Language Teacher
- TESL Methodology Instructor |TESL Ontario
- CELPIP Instructor Training Level 2 | Paragon Testing Enterprises Toronto
- Occupation Specific Language Instructor | Advance Consulting for Education
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) Diploma | Canadian Centre of Language and Cultural Studies
- Teaching English Pronunciation Diploma | Canadian College of Educators
- Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language Certificate| Instituto Cervantes
- Community Translation Certificate (medical and social) | MCIS
- Food Science | University of Guelph
- Biochemical Engineering | ITC
- Online ESL teacher | 2 years
- ESL Instructor | 3 years
- Chemistry and Biology Teacher | 1 year
- Freelance Translator | 11 years
- Research Assistant | 6 years
- Teaching Assistant |2 years
- Spanish teacher | 2 years
- Spanish Classroom Assistant | 8 months